Twenty years ago this night, I was in North Myrtle Beach having the most life-changing summer of my life. I loved everything--well, nearly everything--about that summer. Amy, Anne, and Tanya were the best roommates I could have hoped for, and God clearly chose them for me.
When the staff left, the project got even better, something that was rather surprising to me. I didn't think it could possibly get better....it was already so wonderful. But our staff did leave, and they left to join the masses out here...in Ft. Collins...long before I knew that I would be among the masses just two years later. I would be on staff...and 20 years after that summer, would still be coming to CSU for our staff conference...but with my family in tow. My children would remember Ft. Collins as a huge part of their growing-up years. My heart would be challenged, refreshed, and renewed over the years here.
And here I sit again...the night before the masses, the quiet before the storm...full of gratitude for Your very good gifts--friends, talent, opportunities, love, You....the list goes on, and this summer again, I have been blessed beyond measure.
Thank you, Jesus. You are worthy of my life. Now. Still. Always.
When the staff left, the project got even better, something that was rather surprising to me. I didn't think it could possibly get better....it was already so wonderful. But our staff did leave, and they left to join the masses out here...in Ft. Collins...long before I knew that I would be among the masses just two years later. I would be on staff...and 20 years after that summer, would still be coming to CSU for our staff conference...but with my family in tow. My children would remember Ft. Collins as a huge part of their growing-up years. My heart would be challenged, refreshed, and renewed over the years here.
And here I sit again...the night before the masses, the quiet before the storm...full of gratitude for Your very good gifts--friends, talent, opportunities, love, You....the list goes on, and this summer again, I have been blessed beyond measure.
Thank you, Jesus. You are worthy of my life. Now. Still. Always.
No comments:
Post a Comment