And...we've been here a week.
Okay, I think I'm done with my post. That's all I can write. It's not that I don't have anything to write; it's that I have too much to write.
Oh, fine. I'll try.
Let's start with our apartment. Our 2-bedroom place (that is 1/6 the size of our house) is just perfect. I don't know if it's a low expectation thing or what, but I just couldn't have imagined that it would be as great as it is. We walked in the first day and found a bunk room...that's right, two sets of bunk beds in one room--and enough room for Bart's pack-n-play, too. The kids are doing well with that, overall. Once in awhile, they keep themselves up a little too long or wake the baby by their giggles, but that's okay...memories are being made, and it's wonderful. (Note: Please remind me of this when the baby wakes. "It's wonderful, Hoffbeauty, remember? Memories!")
The other great thing about our apartment is that the world is at our doorstep, and it is a true mission field! Our apartment complex is mostly international student housing, and there are tons of children that live there. One day, Neil came in and said, "I just played soccer with a kid from Brazil, one from Korea, and one from Libya." We have many Muslim neighbors, and they are currently in the middle of Ramadan, their month of fasting from sun up to sun down, so even late at night, kids are out playing on the playground.
Yes, there is a playground...right outside our back door. Like, I can go to the sliding glass door (that opens to a lovely little grassy space between ours and the next building) and yell for the kids, and they can hear me if they are playing on the playground, and the soccer field is just beyond. There is also lots of room for biking, and the kids, especially the Littles, are loving that.
It is amazing how little we really need. Our apartment is filled with our van-full of belongings as well as the things we had in Cru storage out here. And stuff we've bought at Wal-Mart. And that is more than enough.
We're having a great time, and we're so thankful for 32-J.
Thank you, Lord, for exceeding our expectations and giving us more than we asked for.
Okay, I think I'm done with my post. That's all I can write. It's not that I don't have anything to write; it's that I have too much to write.
Oh, fine. I'll try.
Let's start with our apartment. Our 2-bedroom place (that is 1/6 the size of our house) is just perfect. I don't know if it's a low expectation thing or what, but I just couldn't have imagined that it would be as great as it is. We walked in the first day and found a bunk room...that's right, two sets of bunk beds in one room--and enough room for Bart's pack-n-play, too. The kids are doing well with that, overall. Once in awhile, they keep themselves up a little too long or wake the baby by their giggles, but that's okay...memories are being made, and it's wonderful. (Note: Please remind me of this when the baby wakes. "It's wonderful, Hoffbeauty, remember? Memories!")
The other great thing about our apartment is that the world is at our doorstep, and it is a true mission field! Our apartment complex is mostly international student housing, and there are tons of children that live there. One day, Neil came in and said, "I just played soccer with a kid from Brazil, one from Korea, and one from Libya." We have many Muslim neighbors, and they are currently in the middle of Ramadan, their month of fasting from sun up to sun down, so even late at night, kids are out playing on the playground.
Yes, there is a playground...right outside our back door. Like, I can go to the sliding glass door (that opens to a lovely little grassy space between ours and the next building) and yell for the kids, and they can hear me if they are playing on the playground, and the soccer field is just beyond. There is also lots of room for biking, and the kids, especially the Littles, are loving that.
It is amazing how little we really need. Our apartment is filled with our van-full of belongings as well as the things we had in Cru storage out here. And stuff we've bought at Wal-Mart. And that is more than enough.
We're having a great time, and we're so thankful for 32-J.
Thank you, Lord, for exceeding our expectations and giving us more than we asked for.
No comments:
Post a Comment