GRANGEVILLE, ID--
We made it. Phew! That was a long drive, punctuated by a few...problems here and there, but overall, a really good drive. I am glad that we didn't have to go much further, though, as we were all ready for the drive to be over.
Tomorrow morning, we start biking. And by "we", I mean Hoffbeast. And maybe Rex. Rex will certainly bike for part of it, but he won't start off right away, and he may only do half or so...we'll see. Either way, Daddy's dream of biking across the country is back on, after a six year hiatus. SIX years--so hard to believe that it's been that long since we've been here, especially since Hoffbeast and I both remembered things so specifically as we were driving through today.
My favorite thing we saw today? The motel parking lot in New Meadows, Idaho, where Rex and Neil both learned to ride their bikes on the same day in 2009! If the circumstances had been a bit different, I would have had the boys get out and pose with their bikes in the exact same location as a favorite pic I have from all those years ago.
Our room tonight is wonderful--so spacious! It's so great, in fact, that we are going to attempt to alter our housing for the week and stay here for one more night.
And now, let the Hofffamily Biking Adventure 2K15 commence!
We made it. Phew! That was a long drive, punctuated by a few...problems here and there, but overall, a really good drive. I am glad that we didn't have to go much further, though, as we were all ready for the drive to be over.
Tomorrow morning, we start biking. And by "we", I mean Hoffbeast. And maybe Rex. Rex will certainly bike for part of it, but he won't start off right away, and he may only do half or so...we'll see. Either way, Daddy's dream of biking across the country is back on, after a six year hiatus. SIX years--so hard to believe that it's been that long since we've been here, especially since Hoffbeast and I both remembered things so specifically as we were driving through today.
My favorite thing we saw today? The motel parking lot in New Meadows, Idaho, where Rex and Neil both learned to ride their bikes on the same day in 2009! If the circumstances had been a bit different, I would have had the boys get out and pose with their bikes in the exact same location as a favorite pic I have from all those years ago.
Our room tonight is wonderful--so spacious! It's so great, in fact, that we are going to attempt to alter our housing for the week and stay here for one more night.
And now, let the Hofffamily Biking Adventure 2K15 commence!
No comments:
Post a Comment