Cutest Blog on the Block Background

Friday, July 4, 2014

SITC Banquet

Every year, we love summer project.  But once every few years, an especially special group of students descends upon Milwaukee.  For me, this was one of those years.  I had a wonderful time getting to know quite a few of our project students as we looked for jobs together, prayed together, and made memories together.

But alas, our time with the students is over, and although they will continue doing ministry in our city for another month, we will no longer see them on as regular a basis as we were.

Tonight, we had our mid-project banquet where the staff hand off their project jobs to the students.  As has become tradition, we ate in the flower room at Buca di beppo and had a great time...


Molly, the girl sitting on the other side of Jeff, is one of the students I worked with in finding a job.  She ended up with two part-time jobs and is splitting her time between McDonald's and a neighborhood day care.  Caro, the girl on the right who is purposefully not smiling (just to be funny) came to my house every other morning with our intern, Katharine, to pray.  Just to pray...just to begin our day in dependence on the Lord.  It was a wonderful time.

I am so incredibly grateful that God called me to join staff with Cru all those years ago.  Every single summer, I get to revisit the great privilege of pouring into the lives of college students who want to learn how to walk with Jesus for a lifetime.  And I get to do it with this guy...




What a blessed woman I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment