Cutest Blog on the Block Background

Thursday, July 24, 2014

July 24 Throwback


My own special version of Throwback Thursday...to just one year ago today. I started my day by staying up late packing for the hospital, getting the house ready for my 4-day absence, and enjoying my last hours being pregnant. Oh, and trying to get my wedding ring off....for over 90 minutes. Our friend, Anna, stayed the course, and I am so thankful for that...pretty funny memory now, actually. I finally went to bed and got a couple of hours of sleep before baby time. When I look back, I realize that I posted so little in those first few days after Bart arrived, so now you can see that day....a year later!


When I woke up early on this day last year, something glimmered on the floor at my feet next to the bed. When I looked closer, this is what I saw. I had to do a double-take...what a sweet reminder of the heart of God toward me, toward us, and to our babies, whose hearts we had been praying for for 6 months. By the way, confetti hearts aren't something that normally hang around our house...I couldn't figure out how it had gotten there. So cool!



Moments before we headed back to the OR, Hoffbeast was busy entertaining me. He was a wonderful support to me that day, especially during surgery. This time around, I knew what was coming (by way of what a c-section is like), and I had become quite nervous, not to mention extremely anxious about the parts that I didn't know. Hoffbeast, as usual, made me laugh all morning. We have a good time together, we do.  During surgery, when I was sad and scared, he dried my tears, and after Bart was delivered, he took care of our baby while I couldn't. My handsome husband was a rock for me that morning, and I am so grateful for him. 


And then he was here....and there was great joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment