Watching him sing and act his way through his middle school musical this year was way beyond fun. Rex IS Linus! Ever since he started reading and carrying a book around with him everywhere he goes, I've been saying that he is a lot like Linus, the Peanuts' character who is small in stature but big in words. As his youth leader wrote on a note given him the night of the play, "Minus the security blanket and the thumb-sucking, you pretty much are Linus, so you really just had to play yourself!" It's true. He played Linus beautifully, and everyone in the audience knew it and enjoyed.
Frankly, the entire cast was fantastic! I had a huge smile on my face for most of the performance...the color, the vibrancy, the beautiful voices, the energy...it was awesome.
I only wish it wasn't over already. We are so proud of Rex, our little actor!

No comments:
Post a Comment