When thinking of things for which I am thankful, a million memories flood my mind. In a flash.
Memories from our years here…
…from our time in Louisville…
…from my days in Orlando…
…from Miami…
…from high school.
Stop.
High school….
There is no way I can think of my high school years without thinking of Sasha, my best friend. "Sasha and Sarah" were words that were said together, almost synonymously, often and quickly, so that they came out more like "soshensare". I wouldn't want to begin to imagine my days at CNHS without Sasha…our friendship went from casual to best during the summer before high school, and we never looked back. I love you, Sasha, and I am SO thankful for you!
This year, during the week of my birthday, Sasha posted several of our favorite pictures…I smile when I recall...
…graduation. We look so young! (We were!)
…senior year spring break in Pensacola. We had a blast during this week and made a ton of memories. This picture makes me laugh because I remember how we were trying to keep straight faces while it was taken. I had opened the magazine to the ad with the shirtless man on it so that he would be in the picture with it, even though we were both just reading. We thought that was really funny then. :)
The moped picture. Classic. This thing took us everywhere around town and represented such freedom for me and Sasha. I don't have many pictures with my moped, so I'm so glad that Sasha's mom thought to take this one. (Never mind the fact that all these years later, I look like I'm a piece out of the 80s while Sash looks timeless.)
Not sure where this one was taken, but we sure were feeling dramatic!
This picture was taken on my 18th birthday…22 years ago now! Mom almost always made a cut-out cake for me, this one of a flower cart, and now I make cut-out cakes for my kids!
Years of memories, and a friendship that continues to this day. Love you, Sash!





No comments:
Post a Comment