Cutest Blog on the Block Background

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

40 Days, 40 Years

Today is the beginning of lent.

But I'm not Catholic, so what do I care?

I saw a post today, full of wisdom, that said that if it's something you should give up for lent, it's probably something you should be giving up for every other day as well.  Possibly true, also possibly a bit of an overreaction.

Then tonight, our friend, Shanice, was telling me that for lent, she's not "fasting" from something; rather, she's "feasting" on Someone.

That was exactly what I had been trying to say all day.

Feasting, not fasting.  Feasting on Him, digging into His Word, breathing His life, walking around with Him, always surrounded in His love.

True, this should be happening every day.  But I think there might be something quite good about using these days on the calendar to be specifically reminded of what He's given, what's to come, and what kinds of things might be hindering us in our walks with the Lord.

My birthday is Sunday.  This year, 40 posts in 40 days to commemorate the 40 years I've so graciously been given.....thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment