After a wonderful Boxes of Love outreach day, Bart, Neil, and I drove just out of town to attend the Glorious Unfolding concert of one of my favorite artists ever, Steven Curtis Chapman. We were privileged to represent Show Hope at the concert, and it was wonderful...so worshipful and so encouraging. Again, Neil's picture flashed across the screen from our days at the orphanage in Addis Ababa, new son in daddy's arms. This time, it was Mama's arms that were around him, so proud and thankful to call him mine. God chose us for each other, and despite our struggles, I am so grateful every day for him.
While at the concert, I met another mom who has kiddos from the same orphanage in India as Tom. I had first gotten into contact with Kathy way back when we were considering Tom's referral and learning about his special need. One of her daughters was also born with amniotic banding, and she was so confident back in those days when she encouraged us to adopt him. It was awesome to finally meet her and her daughters. Hopefully someday, we will be able to (re)introduce Tom to her daughters.
In another life, I would work for Show Hope! They have such an amazing ministry of spreading the word about adoption as a reflection of the gospel and God's heart for His children! We received grants twice due to the generous donors of Show Hope, and we were happy to be able to be at the concert asking others to be a part.
All was well until I learned the next day that Kathy had met SCC after the concert. Wish someone would've told me that that was gonna happen! Oh well....hopefully there will be another time, because I do want to say thanks. Their family has blessed us in a thousand ways, and I'd love to introduce SCC to one of those ways (Tom this time...Neil met him when he was just a year old).

No comments:
Post a Comment