Rest. That's what today was for me. Without a doubt, one of the most relaxing days I've had in a very long time. I can't explain it, really, but if I'm ever again asked what a relaxing day would look like for me, I'm going to describe this one.
It wasn't exactly filled with people, but I certainly wasn't alone; it wasn't chalk full of activities, but there was plenty to do; it wasn't a nice, warm day, but it wasn't freezing either. It was perfectly in between...on all of those.
The highlights of my day:
-breakfast with my most of my brood (Daddy and Neil were gone for much of the day...but that's NOT why it was so great!) as well as some of Hoffbeast's extended family
-swimming with the gang...Rex and Beth got some mama swimming lessons, and they both are a little closer to being confident swimmers.
-mandatory rest time (Translation: Rex worked on the computer doing a project for school while Mama, Beth, Tom, and Bart zonked out!) with a Cosby Show marathon in the background .
-playground time and the return of Dad and Neil. During this time, I had Bart in the baby carrier and youtubed/listened/sang to whatever Steven Curtis Chapman song happened to come to mind.
-dinner (pizza delivered from Dominos which, by the way, is MUCH better than it used to be...their revamp is actually working, I think!), bedtime, and snuggles in our hotel room, all while watching the Cardinals beat the Red Sox in Game 3 of the World Series.
-late-night hangout time with my SIL, BIL, and two nieces from England.....a wonderful way to end a lovely day.
-shower. Yes, that counts as a highlight....I have five children, people!
Interspersed throughout, of course, was nursing Bo, sticking my tongue out at him (That's his favorite playtime activity!), and putting him down for his naps. That, and watching the big kids interacting so well with him. Rex has made up a song that helps him calm down, and he loves walking around with him, growing more confident by the day. Neil is my go-to bottle-feeding expert...he is great at it! Beth sits next to him and sings sweetly, and she loves to draw for him..."scribble scrabbles" are his favorite, of course! Tom would kiss him all day if I'd let him...which I won't, thank you very much! A baby can only have so many big brother kisses in a day; mama kisses, on the other hand...you can never have too many of those!
I am so thankful tonight....for so many things. Thank you, Lord, for this day, for the ways that you are working, and for answering prayers. You are faithful, and I praise you tonight.
It wasn't exactly filled with people, but I certainly wasn't alone; it wasn't chalk full of activities, but there was plenty to do; it wasn't a nice, warm day, but it wasn't freezing either. It was perfectly in between...on all of those.
The highlights of my day:
-breakfast with my most of my brood (Daddy and Neil were gone for much of the day...but that's NOT why it was so great!) as well as some of Hoffbeast's extended family
-swimming with the gang...Rex and Beth got some mama swimming lessons, and they both are a little closer to being confident swimmers.
-mandatory rest time (Translation: Rex worked on the computer doing a project for school while Mama, Beth, Tom, and Bart zonked out!) with a Cosby Show marathon in the background .
-playground time and the return of Dad and Neil. During this time, I had Bart in the baby carrier and youtubed/listened/sang to whatever Steven Curtis Chapman song happened to come to mind.
-dinner (pizza delivered from Dominos which, by the way, is MUCH better than it used to be...their revamp is actually working, I think!), bedtime, and snuggles in our hotel room, all while watching the Cardinals beat the Red Sox in Game 3 of the World Series.
-late-night hangout time with my SIL, BIL, and two nieces from England.....a wonderful way to end a lovely day.
-shower. Yes, that counts as a highlight....I have five children, people!
Interspersed throughout, of course, was nursing Bo, sticking my tongue out at him (That's his favorite playtime activity!), and putting him down for his naps. That, and watching the big kids interacting so well with him. Rex has made up a song that helps him calm down, and he loves walking around with him, growing more confident by the day. Neil is my go-to bottle-feeding expert...he is great at it! Beth sits next to him and sings sweetly, and she loves to draw for him..."scribble scrabbles" are his favorite, of course! Tom would kiss him all day if I'd let him...which I won't, thank you very much! A baby can only have so many big brother kisses in a day; mama kisses, on the other hand...you can never have too many of those!
I am so thankful tonight....for so many things. Thank you, Lord, for this day, for the ways that you are working, and for answering prayers. You are faithful, and I praise you tonight.
3 comments:
That does sound pretty perfect. :) Except, I'm a little confused why you only mentioned watching the Cardinals and why there was no mention of the Packers. That would have made it complete!
Well, Bridget-y, this says "Sunday" but it was actually just, like, 1:00 in the morning on Sunday. I was describing Saturday. :)
Oh, right, yes... should have looked at the timestamp!
Post a Comment