My heart is heavy tonight.
Not sure why. Exactly, anyway.
Loss.
Break-ins.
Jail time.
Unexpectedness.
Holes in windows.
Anger.
Disappointment.
Much, much brokenness all around.
We weren't made for this place, and tonight, I have tried to escape its harshness by watching a new show, eating ice cream, avoiding the necessary in every way possible.
What I need to do is to go to bed, rest in Him, and begin a new day, breathing in His mercies that will surely be new on the other side of the sleep.
By faith, to bed I go.
Not sure why. Exactly, anyway.
Loss.
Break-ins.
Jail time.
Unexpectedness.
Holes in windows.
Anger.
Disappointment.
Much, much brokenness all around.
We weren't made for this place, and tonight, I have tried to escape its harshness by watching a new show, eating ice cream, avoiding the necessary in every way possible.
What I need to do is to go to bed, rest in Him, and begin a new day, breathing in His mercies that will surely be new on the other side of the sleep.
By faith, to bed I go.
1 comment:
I'm sorry for your heavy heart. I'm glad you're resting in Him by faith in the heaviness. Just wanted to let you know I've been reading. Thanks for sharing - the hard things along with everything else.
Post a Comment