Cutest Blog on the Block Background

Monday, August 19, 2013

Caringbridge - Every Night

...I think of writing on here.  Every night.  But I'm either too tired or too emotionally spent or ________ (Fill in the blank.).

Life is good.  Today happened to be a tough day, but overall, things are going so well.  Our Bart is such a treasure.  I am particularly enamored with him....it's a mom thing.  ;)

But it also seems that it's a Bart thing.  So many people have been praying for him, and he seems to capture the heart of just about everyone who meets him.

As I write, Bart is sleeping on my chest.  I'm pretty sure that if he has more trouble sleeping through the night than my other kids did, it will be because he is being held so much.  We've had lots of visitors that have come to love on him, and frankly, it's just hard for me to put him down.  So I hold him a lot, while still trying to stay true to a relatively structured routine, which I believe is helpful for most babies' (and their parents!).

At night, my heart aches for Aaron....oh, how I want to have my two boys sleeping on my chest right now!  Deep breath.....

I want to update you, my prayer warriors, on how I'm doing physically.  I had asked you to pray for some specifics....thank you so very much!  Very soon after asking you to pray, some of the physical issues diminished, for which I'm quite thankful!

-Headaches--my headaches have gone away almost completely!  I think that since I asked you to pray, I've had maybe one headache. Praise the LORD! 

-Cough--my cough is GONE!!!!  Again, praise God!  It was a very annoying cough while it was around, but no more worrying about that!

-Incision--my incision has continued to heal well, and the pain associated with it is quite minimal.  I am incredibly thankful for this.

-Vision--my vision has continued to get better, but it is still not quite right.  I feel confident that something definitely changed with my vision during the delivery, and of course, I have no idea why.  It's a subtle change but certainly noticeable to me.  I talked to a nurse about it when I went for my incision check, and she agreed that a vision to my very scientifically-minded optometrist was a good idea.  I haven't done that yet but probably will after school starts (and I have more freedom to easily run errands, have appointments, etc.).

As for Bart....he's doing great!  Gaining weight (although I'm not sure how much) and beginning to be more alert each day.  He still sleeps a ton, but that's okay by me!  We go to the doctor on Friday for a weight check...I'm hoping that he'll be at least 6.5 pounds by then, if not closing in on 7!

Thank you for your continued prayers...obviously I'm only scratching the surface of what could be shared, but that's life with baby right now.  I will continue to update when I can.  

Much love from all the Hofffamily!
photo taken this morning (26 days old)

No comments:

Post a Comment