Cutest Blog on the Block Background

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Caringbridge #9

I have, admittedly, been rather bad at updating this site. I mean, you've gotten the basics, but very few details--in recent weeks, anyway. There is always so much happening in my heart, but I'm not certain that this is the place for sharing all that. As for what's happening in my body, thankfully, things seem to be pretty stable.

One of my excuses, lame as it is, for not updating more here is that....my computer died. Completely. It was an old computer given to me awhile ago by my brother-in-law (Thank you, Kevin!), and it did quite well for some time, especially considering its age. But one morning a few weeks ago, I tried to turn it on...nothing. We don't have a home computer, so I have had to wait for the Hub's laptop to make its way home from the office before I have had easy access to the internet, and often I am way too tired by evening to get my thoughts down here.

See? Did you really want all of those details?!

For my birthday last week, I got an external keyboard for my Kindle Fire...so now I don't need to wait for a computer anymore!

We are doing fine...I do so wish that I could share the names of our baby BOYS with you, but we simply haven't come to a decision yet. We are nearly certain of one of the names, but are still kicking around ideas for the other one (Mama thinks she knows both names, but Daddy isn't so sure yet.

My appointment on Friday was good...as good as can be expected at this point. I continue to be so incredibly thankful for my OBs. This appointment was with Dr. Becky, and, as usual, she took as much time as I needed to talk through any questions I had. She feels like we are at a really good place and suggested that more serious monitoring will likely not begin until 28 weeks or so (I'm at 18 now.). Could we really make it there with no more complications?! We will see...

Emotionally, I had a very weepy birthday and all of last weekend. I tend to be quite reflective on my birthday, and this year was no exception. Then, the next evening, Seth and I went to the memorial service for his art teacher who had passed away a couple of days before. Even though I had never met her, I wept through much of the service, as I both grieved and rejoiced with this dear sister's family and faced again the reality that our son will likely soon be with her in Heaven, among the great cloud of witnesses. I am honored to carry this baby in my womb, and I will rejoice in his life and grieve his loss until the day that I, too, go Home.

Multiple people have provided meals for us....I am personally so thankful for that--I rarely enjoy cooking, but certainly right now, it's often the last thing on my mind. I am hoping to go buy my new deep freezer soon, and when I do, we will gladly accept meals to stock up on, just in case I have to go on bed rest at some point or just can't get myself to prepare meals from time to time.

I will try to do better at updating. In the meantime, don't stop praying. Your prayers are holding us up as we walk this bumpy road.

Much love, Hoffbeauty (for Hoffbeast and our Happy Little Fleet)

2 comments:

melanie said...

boys?????? where did i get the idea that you were having girls?? oh..I am so confused lol! Anyway....little boys...how wonderful! I love watching mamas who have lots of sons..there is something really special about them!
Let me know when your freezer comes. I would really like to come visit you and bring you a load of food to stock your freezer with. Love to you all.

Christy said...

Thank you for taking the time to update. I realize some days it is overwhelming even to post on your blog or Facebook. Glad to hear you were able to find out the sex of the twins. :) Blessings to you and yours!

Post a Comment