Cutest Blog on the Block Background

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Caringbridge #11

I am writing tonight from Columbus, Indiana, one of my favorite places in the whole world.  It's my dear hometown, for those of you who don't know, and I have come to be with my parents, siblings, and their families for Easter.  We haven't been home since Thanksgiving; at that time, I was pregnant, but we didn't yet know it.  A lot has  happened since I was last here.

Last Friday, I had my big mid-pregnancy anatomy ultrasound, and as they go now, it was good and bad, happy and sad.  As I told a friend today, things are very much the same as the last few times:  Bart is big and beautiful, and Aaron is tiny and beautiful.  :)

The report on Bart really could hardly be better.  The technician took pictures of his heart for about 10 minutes--I can't possibly imagine what each picture could tell them distinctively from the next, but I didn't mind...at all.  I loved looking at his strong heart beating so well and kept thinking of how hard it was working....and I praised God.  How amazing it is that he is working for two of them and yet is doing as well as he is.  If he were a singleton, and we were getting a first good glimpse at him, we couldn't have asked for a healthier-looking baby.  We are so thankful!  He weighs 10 ounces now!

The report on Aaron is good as well....if we can see things from the perspective of our all-knowing and all-loving God.  He is small; in fact, on Friday, he was smaller than before, and this was the first time that that had been the case.  There is still blood flowing to him, but it's a small amount and, again, it is evident that if he's not with Jesus already, he will be soon.  God is faithful, and we can trust His answer to our many prayers, even if we don't like the answer.

And He could still do a miracle.  He actually could.

I am doing well, overall.  I am still quite tired in the afternoons/evenings, some days more than others, but I'm definitely eating and am hungry a lot more than before.  In fact, my last appointment was the first time that I had surpassed my pre-pregnancy weight--finally!!!

Emotionally, mostly I'm good and hanging onto the truth.  Every now and then, I'm quite sad.  But does God expect anything different?  No.  He knows me intimately, and He understands my grief.

I am 20 weeks today.  20 weeks.  Halfway through a normal-length pregnancy.  The perinatologist told me that if I can get to 24 weeks, the risk for pre-term labor and/or the need for bedrest will drop significantly.  Hearing that, my OB mostly agreed but was quick to remind me that this is still a high-risk pregnancy and that he will be watching me like a hawk.  ;)  In fact, he almost guaranteed that I will be tired of seeing him by the end.  We'll see.  I'm so thankful for the great care I'm getting.

Thank you for your many continued prayers.  My due date of Aug. 15 seems so far away...I'm thankful that God knows everything that will happen in the next 20 weeks and is surprised by nothing.

Much love from Columbus, Indiana...

1 comment:

Dave and Joy said...

I love hearing your voice, and I could totally hear you through this post :) Happy Easter to the Hoffamily...my favorite holiday - Jesus is ALIVE!! SO thankful for His good gifts
joy f

Post a Comment