It's been over six months since I wrote this post. And here I sit again. Same Starbuck's, different chair. Venti instead of grande, but pretty much the same except for that. The same except for a few other things...
...we are back in our house. Yes, 6 months ago, we were still "homeless", living with our friends while our boiler/radiators were fixed.
...my friend is in a better place. Still not easy. Still not great all the time. But better. And our friendship is better, too.
...we've been to India and back! This one is just a tiny, teeny, minor change for us. Not. It's one of the biggest changes to ever happen to our family. We prayed that God would prepare our son, and He DID! Amazing. Amazing to me, every time I ponder it. How could he be so ready?! I look at pictures of him from before we met him, and.....well, it's just a strange feeling that only an adoptive mama can know. To feel like you knew your child so well (even though you'd never met) and yet at the same time to feel like he was so far away and you didn't know him at all.
Life is full. And busy. And tiring. And really, really great. I am thankful....
...but it's not all easy. I've been struggling in some ways....not in ways that Jesus can't handle, though. Praise God because, in truth, there have been and are real moments when feel that I am at the end of my rope. But it's a good place to be. God is my strength, and He is reminding me of this reality that I so often forget.
I am blessed, and I am grateful. I am needy, and I am graced.
Thank you, Jesus.
...we are back in our house. Yes, 6 months ago, we were still "homeless", living with our friends while our boiler/radiators were fixed.
...my friend is in a better place. Still not easy. Still not great all the time. But better. And our friendship is better, too.
...we've been to India and back! This one is just a tiny, teeny, minor change for us. Not. It's one of the biggest changes to ever happen to our family. We prayed that God would prepare our son, and He DID! Amazing. Amazing to me, every time I ponder it. How could he be so ready?! I look at pictures of him from before we met him, and.....well, it's just a strange feeling that only an adoptive mama can know. To feel like you knew your child so well (even though you'd never met) and yet at the same time to feel like he was so far away and you didn't know him at all.
Life is full. And busy. And tiring. And really, really great. I am thankful....
...but it's not all easy. I've been struggling in some ways....not in ways that Jesus can't handle, though. Praise God because, in truth, there have been and are real moments when feel that I am at the end of my rope. But it's a good place to be. God is my strength, and He is reminding me of this reality that I so often forget.
I am blessed, and I am grateful. I am needy, and I am graced.
Thank you, Jesus.
No comments:
Post a Comment