Cutest Blog on the Block Background

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

What stands out about...

...Rex?
Rex is smart, clever, and eager to share stories and jokes and tidbits and facts....all the time!  He still loves his mama and even admitted last night that the song I used to sing to him every night as a baby still soothes him (I still sing it every now and then, and last night, I was playing it on the piano.).  When his attitude is on, we can scuffle for sure.  He is sarcastic and witty with his words--sometimes at the wrong times.  But when it's just us, him and me, it is still wonderful.  I hold his face in my hands and kiss him in all the ways we do--eye kiss, glasses kiss, Aunt Becky kiss, butterfly kiss, chin kiss--and any problems of the day go away.  Last night, we snuggled in my favorite chair under a blanket, and I read a chapter from a book to him--that hardly ever happens anymore, because he always reads for himself--it was wonderful!  All too soon, he will grow up and likely not want that close time with me anymore...I could cry just thinking about that, so I will stop.  I love him so much.

...Neil?
Neil is enthusiastic about everything--playing football with Dad, wrestling with whomever, doing math flashcards, eating...even, on occasion, about doing his chores.  My favorite chore days are when he decides to say, "Oh, that's easy-peasy lemon-squeezy!"  That always goes over better than his more-often favorite line:  "This will take forever!"  We still have lots of discipline/behavior issues with Neil, but in this moment, all I can think of are the good reports I've gotten about him in the last few days--from my friend who took him to a birthday party, from the Saturday night babysitter, from his teacher yesterday:  "Neil is doing an awesome job!"  And last night, as he easily put down 2 full plates of the salad I made for dinner...rarely do I get complaints from him about food--that's nice, as the other 2 English-speakers almost never like what I make.  Neil is my guy, and I tell him so often.  He is strong, sweet, and fast.  And have I mentioned that he is READING??!  I am so happy about how he is doing at school...praise God!

...Beth?
Beth is my precious little girl......oh, my love love!  How I still melt around her!  Ever since Beth was born, it's been hard for me to get enough of her, and it's true--she sort of has me wrapped around her finger.  But what can a mama do?  She's my girl!!  I am so, so proud of Beth right now because....she is now wearing underwear!!  She started going underwear-only on Sunday morning, and so far, so good.  At night, when she needs to go potty, she comes in, tells me, and after we go to the potty, she is rewarded with 5 minutes (or lots of the time, the rest of the night) of snuggling with Mama and Daddy.  She still loves her biki (or "blankie" which she now calls it) but told me the other day that she doesn't need them anymore.  She has two--a pink one and a yellow one--but says that she will save them for her babies that she will have someday (and she rubs her tummy).  I told her that she has to grow up and marry a handsome prince first.  She closes her eyes, raises her arms in a dance-like motion, and asks, "Will my daddy dance with me?!"  I told her that yes, he will.  She and Daddy dance when he puts her to bed and she is wearing one of her "dancing dresses"--one of her two nightgowns.  Beth has a tiny little voice that matches her tiny little frame....such a sweet girl.  (Not to say that she doesn't throw fits here and there--she is three, after all!)

...Tom?
When I close my eyes and think of Tom, all I can see is his huge smile!  He absolutely can light up a room with it!  And that giggle!!!  If you've ever wanted to bottle up a child's giggle--his would be it!  He is strong and brave and fun....and just a wee bit mischievous.  His favorite book--by far--is Llama Llama Misses Mama, and we read it every single day, usually more than once.  But it's come in handy, as I've dropped him off at Bible study and at the nursery at church and have been able to remind him that Mama Llama always comes back.  When we get to that page in the book, he smiles and laughs, and when I step back into his childcare room after being away for awhile, the same smile and laugh is there.  And he runs toward me, arms wide open, just like Llama does.  It is precious!  The mischievous would be funny if it weren't so messy so much of the time--yesterday he locked himself in the bathroom, pulled out half of the Lysol wipes from the container, and "cleaned" the bathroom--and himself!  When we got to him, he was rubbing them all over his face--yuck!  I won't be surprised if there is a rash all over his face today!  But for all his messes and curious behavior, we wouldn't trade him for the world--he is amazing and we are so lucky and blessed that he is OURS!

No comments:

Post a Comment