We had our friends over for dinner the other night. Now, when I say "we", I really mean that our good friends, Andrea and Tim, whom we are living with right now, invited James, Megan, and J over for the evening. It was great, as we haven't seen them in way too long.
J needed some pjs, so I went upstairs and brought down a pair of Beth's that was previously worn by Rex and Neil. Such an incriminating pair of bunny pjs! Unfortunately, J never let me get a really good picture of him. Bummer for the prom date of someday...that could have been worth some serious blackmail (I know it will be for our kids....I specifically remember a classic one of Rex in these pjs!).
J loved mimicking the faces of his daddy. I wish that I had gotten a better picture, but he was pretty wise to the camera.
It was so fun to see my dear friend, Megan, with her little boy...she lived with us when she met James, and he is such a good match for her! I love hanging out with them, but we don't get to do it enough. J will soon have to make room for a baby sister, as Megan is due with #2 in April.
J's signature pose (according to his mama)--legs crossed! One thing that was really fun about hanging out with J is that our Baby J is just two weeks younger than J. I was at the hospital, waiting for the word when Megan was in labor with J. Amazing that on the other side of the world, my son was about to be born. J and Baby J are certain to be good buddies, and it was fun to watch a 21-month-old interact and climb and fit and do all the other wonderful things that kids do at that age.
Please come home, Baby J! Your family--and friends--are waiting for you!
No comments:
Post a Comment