Cutest Blog on the Block Background

Sunday, March 13, 2016

Reflections on 42, Part 3

It seems that I'm back to being a night owl. I wondered how long that would take me...I think, honestly, it was having my mom here that did it to me. She's a big time night owl, too, so with her here, I had lots of opportunity. (What a lame attempt at the blame game!)

But she left today, so what's my excuse now?

The night is so quiet, and these last few nights, my head and heart have been racing again...tonight is no exception. We buried Ralph a month ago today. In a span of 2.5 weeks, our family was given four new days to remember every single month--the 27th and 1st (days that Dad died and was buried) and the 6th and 13th (days that Ralph died and was buried). 

I don't really like that. I would prefer it were not that way, thank you very much.

But God. God is God, and I am not. So as we accept good from His hands, we accept this. I believe I will be in a near constant state of sadness for a long time...while at the same time, choosing to live and laugh and serve well again.

How do the two go together? Only...only...by His grace. I am so desperately in need of Him, and I thank Him for His reminder yet again. 

One was 86; one was 29. Both were loved and both are very missed...

Twelve days separated these two scenes. Life is short, people...get right with God while you have a chance. He loves you and wants to be in relationship with you...forever. 

Praise God from whom all blessings flow...





No comments:

Post a Comment