I sit down to write, and the baby starts to cry. Oh, I have been given such great blessings in my children! Crying in the night doesn't happen often anymore, as Bart is now over 2.5 years old...the days are passing so quickly, and I'm trying to soak it up and enjoy each moment, as so many have advised me over the years. (Oh, if I could only remind my anger streak that in a few years, whatever it is that's making it flare up isn't going to matter all that much anymore.)
My birthday...it was just as it needed to be. Memorable, but rather than the "what" that made it so, it was the "who". My mama is here, so yesterday was a celebration of me AND her. She made me my favorite brownies, I introduced her to Cheesecake Factory, we went to Bible study together, and we watched Perry Mason...sort of.
CBS All Access should be renamed CBS Some Access. Or CBS Some Access Sometimes Whenever It Decides To Work.
But enough about how much I love technology. Let's talk about my mom. She's awesome.
These last two months have been a whirlwind, to say the least. Highs and lows, lows and highs. I have to get to my to-do list eventually, but each day that passes is full of such emotion, such I-can't-believe-what-has-happened, such "Lord, help me!" I am still numb in some ways, and that's part of why I didn't want yesterday to be a big thing....I love my birthday and normally love celebrating it, but yesterday...low-key, quiet, mostly-just-me-and-Mom is how it was supposed to be.
For dinner, we had pizza. Mom and I love eating pizza together. Then after dinner, we serenaded whoever was listening with a little piano duet action. Then we tried to introduce my friends to Perry Mason. That was....frustrating at first, then eventually fun...before becoming frustrating again. Eventually, Andy (Griffith) beat Perry in an arm-wrestling competition, and we closed the night out with some good, solid black-and-white DVD playing.
Mom's only here for a few more days, but I'm determined to enjoy every minute.....love you, Mama!
My birthday...it was just as it needed to be. Memorable, but rather than the "what" that made it so, it was the "who". My mama is here, so yesterday was a celebration of me AND her. She made me my favorite brownies, I introduced her to Cheesecake Factory, we went to Bible study together, and we watched Perry Mason...sort of.
CBS All Access should be renamed CBS Some Access. Or CBS Some Access Sometimes Whenever It Decides To Work.
But enough about how much I love technology. Let's talk about my mom. She's awesome.
These last two months have been a whirlwind, to say the least. Highs and lows, lows and highs. I have to get to my to-do list eventually, but each day that passes is full of such emotion, such I-can't-believe-what-has-happened, such "Lord, help me!" I am still numb in some ways, and that's part of why I didn't want yesterday to be a big thing....I love my birthday and normally love celebrating it, but yesterday...low-key, quiet, mostly-just-me-and-Mom is how it was supposed to be.
For dinner, we had pizza. Mom and I love eating pizza together. Then after dinner, we serenaded whoever was listening with a little piano duet action. Then we tried to introduce my friends to Perry Mason. That was....frustrating at first, then eventually fun...before becoming frustrating again. Eventually, Andy (Griffith) beat Perry in an arm-wrestling competition, and we closed the night out with some good, solid black-and-white DVD playing.
Mom's only here for a few more days, but I'm determined to enjoy every minute.....love you, Mama!
1 comment:
Glad to hear your reflections. Glad you're able to have this time with your mama!
Post a Comment