Cutest Blog on the Block Background

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Friends and New Years' Traditions

Today, we had our nearly-annual New Year's Day hangout with my friend, Jessica, and her family. Took the kids swimming, walked through the Skyway to lunch, and then ended our time together by going up to the 50th floor of the IDS Tower. See how tiny our huge hotel looks from way up there?!



I am so thankful for Jessica.  Our friendship has spanned almost a decade, and I am so thankful that God saw fit to cross our paths.  I'm excited to see how the Lord continues to work in our friendship as the years go on...


Later this evening, we had yet another nearly-annual tradition, hanging out with our dear staff friends, Dave and Joy, and their amazing brood.  It is a true blessing to have friends on staff who care about the same things we do, and when we think of people who fit that category, Dave and Joy sit right at the top of the list...the Packers, inner city ministry, adoption, and Jesus.  We never have enough time with them, but we're thankful whenever we do get time.  Joy says maybe we can live on the same cul-de-sac in Heaven.  I'll bet she'll have lots of neighbors.  :)

In the above picture, Beth is missing...she was feeling rather miserable, clearly fighting something, and sitting in a chair just a few feet from this circle, unable to make it to the fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment