Conversation between me and Beth this morning as we are getting ready to leave for school:
(I'm getting dressed, and she knocks on my door.)
Me: "Who is it?"
Beth: "It's Beth."
Me: "What do you need, Sweetheart?"
Beth: "Do I have time to go to the bathroom?"
Me: "Honey, in the time you came upstairs to ask me that, you could have gone to the bathroom."
Beth (sounding a bit dejected): "Oh."
Me (so as not to crush her spirit): "Sweetie, from now on, if you need to go to the bathroom, just go, okay? You always have time to go if you need to go."
Beth: "Okay."
Beth: "Mama?"
Me: "What?"
Beth: "So, does that mean 'Yes'?"
(I'm getting dressed, and she knocks on my door.)
Me: "Who is it?"
Beth: "It's Beth."
Me: "What do you need, Sweetheart?"
Beth: "Do I have time to go to the bathroom?"
Me: "Honey, in the time you came upstairs to ask me that, you could have gone to the bathroom."
Beth (sounding a bit dejected): "Oh."
Me (so as not to crush her spirit): "Sweetie, from now on, if you need to go to the bathroom, just go, okay? You always have time to go if you need to go."
Beth: "Okay."
Beth: "Mama?"
Me: "What?"
Beth: "So, does that mean 'Yes'?"
No comments:
Post a Comment