We first met Roberta when she staffed our summer project, when she was a student on SITC, a long time ago. I'm not really sure when it was anymore. I do know that she came and spent a weekend at our house when our friend, T, came and visited us...it was great, and Roberta seemed to fit right into life here at 2319.
When I was pregnant with Bart, Roberta was a student on project, and she was such an encouragement to me as I watched her minister with her team in the city. Later, after Bart was born, she was one of the first to visit us in the hospital, and when he was a few weeks old, she visited and cemented their relationship. :)
All these years after first meeting, Roberta remains a special person to us as a family and to our ministry here. I might be hoping that she will end up interning here and maybe even living with us. Yep, I just might be. ;)
Love you, Berta! Thanks for coming this weekend...look forward to seeing you next time, whenever that may be!

No comments:
Post a Comment