Cutest Blog on the Block Background

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Our Cramazing May, Episode LVII: A Beautiful Last Night in India (or so we thought)

By the time Tom and I got back from our afternoon exploring, the guys were fast asleep, so we joined them for a nap....it was wonderful!  What a nice place to be forced to live in for a couple of days!  ;)


After our naps, we woke up to...more food!  And more importantly, to our last evening together as a foursome.  Our time in India had been spectacular and very cramazing, but at midnight, Hoffbeast would leave with Rex for the airport, and we would be separated for a few days until we were joined together again at home with the rest of the fam.  We wanted to really take it all in, enjoying the night together with our dear friends, the McFs...


We walked down to the restaurant, expecting a delicious meal.  But we were NOT expecting the spread that we saw!  It was an incredible feast of a buffet, and we LOVED it!  I think Hoffbeast especially enjoyed it...he had consumed a lot of Indian food by this time and had decided that he could live there, if only for the food.  This was his last night, so he'd better eat up!

Me, on the other hand, I'm not exactly a foodie.  But I sure do love sweets!  So of course, I had to take photos of the amazing, huge dessert table....I really couldn't believe how much food was available to us, a little strange when you realize the poverty not far outside the doors of the hotel, but when you are guests at the hotel, there is little to do but be thankful, enjoy, and be filled with appreciation, both for the beauty and also for the provision.  Just another example of God's abundant grace!




"What do you think of all this food??!?!"  They were stunned, obviously.


L was all smiles!


Tom was quite happy, too, especially when there was food around!


I love this picture, the last taken of the seven of us...what an amazing blessing it was to travel with this sweet family.  (You're stuck with us for life, McFs!)


After dinner, we went for a beautiful night swim....the kids loved it, and I think we were all feeling grateful--for our travels, for our kids, and for the fact that HOME was getting closer by the minute.






(I wish I could upload a precious sound clip here that I have...it's L yelling, "One, Two, Three!" as she and Rex jumped in the water, something they did over and over and over again...)








And then, just an hour or so after this was taken, Tom and I walked Daddy and Rex downstairs to a waiting cab where we would say goodbye......until the next morning, when they unexpectedly returned to the hotel.  Coming up, Rex's long-anticipated and favorite story of our whole trip....sort of.  Not fun to live, but kind of funny to recall.

Welcome, guest blogger/storyteller, Rex..........

No comments:

Post a Comment