Cutest Blog on the Block Background

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Our Cramazing May, Episode LVI - Afternoon at the Sheraton

Our taxi ride to our final Delhi destination would prove uneventful, except for the fact that when we arrived at the hotel, a dog had to sniff our car for bombs before we would be allowed on the property.  That was interesting.  Thankful for the thorough safety check, sad that it was needed.  We went with it because, well, what choice did we have?  This is simply life in this part of the world.

Of course, I'm still unsure of Delhi's geography, but I do know that the Sheraton felt much further away from the city proper.  It was quite a drive to get there, but thankfully, our driver managed to get us there with no problems.  And immediately, we knew that we would again be treated like royalty.

This place, like the Hilton Garden Inn, was very, very nice!  And so beautiful!  We were immediately welcomed like family to this hotel, and the front desk manager made sure to take very good care of us.  They signed us up for their Sheraton rewards program and by doing this, cut down our cost by a significant amount.  And threw in free breakfasts.  And a discount at the restaurant.  And on and on.  He said again and again that if we needed anything at all, we were to let him know!

Our bellhop was just as helpful, going above and beyond to make us comfortable and feel really cared for.  Rarely have we seen such amazing customer service, especially at two hotels in a row!


Since Hoffbeast and Rex were flying out that evening, they decided to get some rest, while Tom and I went exploring.  Again, this hotel had an amazing rooftop pool, not quite as wonderful as the last, but almost!  One edge of the pool waterflowed over the side of the building, making it look like you could just cascade down it and be lost.  It was quite safe, of course, but what a beautiful optical illusion!





We eventually found the restaurant and some grub, most of which Tom downed as if he were a grown man.  Seriously, I couldn't believe how much he ate!  You have heard the phrase, "A way to a man's heart is through his stomach?"  Yep.  That was happening here....I was about to begin an around-the-world trip with my son (who, at this point, MUCH preferred Daddy!), so our bonding-over-food was much needed, and by the time this meal was finished, I had begun to win him over!

Seriously, aren't those eyes amazing??!
Such a happy disposition...
I was definitely falling in love!  What a cutie!!  :)





DSCN3924 from Hoffbeauty on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment