It's winter time, and I think things will go easier for me if I just accept it.
After all, it's all about perspective: I can complain about the cold...or I can enjoy the warmth of the Christmas lights, the hot chocolate, and people I love sunk deep into the brown couches.
I can fret over the inconveniences that come with the dropping temperatures and blab to others about how annoyed I am with all the tracked in mud, ice, and slush on my wood floors...or I can quietly surrender to the what is.
I can dread the season...or I can embrace it for all its worth.
I can grieve what I have lost...or I can revel in what I've been given.
I feel weak and can see myself running toward the former...it is so much easier, after all. But my faith eyes want to live in the latter, the place of health, wholeness, dependence, and grace. Oh Lord, give me the strength to choose your easy yoke...
After all, it's all about perspective: I can complain about the cold...or I can enjoy the warmth of the Christmas lights, the hot chocolate, and people I love sunk deep into the brown couches.
I can fret over the inconveniences that come with the dropping temperatures and blab to others about how annoyed I am with all the tracked in mud, ice, and slush on my wood floors...or I can quietly surrender to the what is.
I can dread the season...or I can embrace it for all its worth.
I can grieve what I have lost...or I can revel in what I've been given.
I feel weak and can see myself running toward the former...it is so much easier, after all. But my faith eyes want to live in the latter, the place of health, wholeness, dependence, and grace. Oh Lord, give me the strength to choose your easy yoke...
No comments:
Post a Comment