Cutest Blog on the Block Background

Monday, July 8, 2013

Compliant to a Fault


Is that possible?  I often describe my DD as "uber-compliant". Example from this morning:



<Scene>:  I'm in the bathroom with the door shut--doing my business.  Beth is in her room.
Beth (yelling through the door with her tiny, little voice):  Mama, are you in the bathroom?
Mama:  Yes, dear.
[Pause.  And then...]
Beth:  I need to throw something away, but since you are in the bathroom, I will throw it in Rex's garbage instead.  Is that okay, Mama?
Mama:  Yes, honey.
[Pause...a beautiful moment of silence where I thought she had walked away.  And then...]
Beth:  Did you say yes, Mama?
Mama:  Yes, Beth!!!  I said yes!  Throw it in Rex's garbage...that's perfect!



(I didn't say all of that last part, but I felt like it.)



I LOVE HER.  She's one of the most amazing gifts I've ever been given--without a doubt!  And I would choose uber-compliant over the opposite any day.  But any strength has a weakness, and my patience gets tried with hers.....sure does.  :)



What a precious little girl!  

(I just read back over this, and I realize that it's not the best example.  And doesn't sound like a big deal...and it isn't, really.  But imagine a similar scenario over and over again, all day long.  That's when it gets tiring.)

No comments:

Post a Comment