Remember last Wednesday when I said that I planned on writing each day during the last week of my pregnancy?Right........that didn't happen. Not even once.
But here we are. A major meltdown on Sunday evening, a calm assurance today. God has been with us in the ups and downs...all of them...over the last 7+ months. How thankful we are for the rock solid truths of His Word--that He never leaves us or abandons us, that we are His children, that He is Faithful in all circumstances.
Our pastor said on Sunday that our blessings are not determined by our circumstances. Amen.
The circumstances of this pending birth are not ones we would have chosen. Then again, how many times would we ever choose the hard things? But without pain, the healing isn't as noticable. Without burdens, the lifting doesn't feel as liberating. If we are careful to watch what He is doing, we see Him growing us through the difficult, deepening our faith along the way.
There's a Chris Rice song that I've always loved. It became meaningful to me many years ago when I was walking through a very difficult part of life. It is a song of surrender called simply "My Prayer." It begins with a wrestling with the Lord, a do-you-really-hear-me heart as he throws his prayers toward Heaven, feeling like some sort of a ceiling keeps them from actually going anywhere or doing anything productive. (And don't we often feel that way, if we are honest? That our prayers are limited and that God is somehow too invested in something else to care about this little part of my life?)
But then something happens: he remembers the Truth. The truth that God is there, listening all the while. That his prayers are heard, and that God has never left his side.
Then, after the wrestling and the questioning (which Chris Rice implores us again and again through his lyrics that God absolutely can handle), a surrender:
"Simple exchange. Your will, I'm changed. And now my prayer ends. Thank you, amen."
This is how it must be with us. Questioning, pain, wonder, not understanding, then Truth. And then.......an exchange. Do your will, Lord. I trust you. Amen. And no looking back.
Tonight, I choose to not look back. I trust you, Lord, with my life, with the lives of my husband and children, and specifically, with the lives of these two precious babies. Do your will, and have your way. Our lives are yours. Amen.
God is so good, so faithful, so loving, so kind. He walks with us, hemming us in before and behind. In a few hours, He will walk with us through something very bittersweet and get the glory along the way....which is what we've always wanted.
Thank you for your faithful prayers all these months. Thank you for every kind word, every meal delivered, every small or great act of service, every note, every random and special thing that we haven't even asked for...I'm overwhelmed to think of it all.
The world has been awaiting the birth of a prince. Our little world has been awaiting the birth of our two little Hoffprinces, one to our arms and one to the arms of our King.
It's go time, friends! Please continue to pray as God leads...thank you. We will share the news just as soon as we are able!
1 comment:
Beautiful, Sarah. Just beautiful. My eyes sting with tears. It's amazing to see how you glorify God. Blessings to you, sweet friend. <3
Post a Comment