Cutest Blog on the Block Background

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Our Cramazing May, Episode XXIII: Nimchemney


This is Nimchemney.  Isn't she beautiful?  Nimchemney is one of the kids who had accompanied Tom and his nanny as they walked in the room to meet us.  She had sat quietly on the bed during those first few minutes (You can see her in the background of a lot of the pictures from a couple of posts back.) and had left with Soudemani and the others as they left the room.
A few minutes after Tom had fallen asleep, the blue door opened just a bit, and a little head poked in.  It was Nimchemney.  She didn't say a word, but her eyes and body were clearly asking if she could come in.
We motioned for her to come, and she spent the next couple of hours with us, laughing, smiling, and--you guessed it--finding Waldo with Rex.
Meanwhile, I snuggled Tom, and he slept...still.  So helpless, but so secure.
I look at these pictures now and wonder why I didn't take those awful shoes and socks off of him?  He had probably never worn shoes before, and I know that they wanted him to look nice.  But he must have been uncomfortable!
Rex later asked if we could bring Nimchemney home, too.  Maybe she needed a family and could be his sister?  They were getting along so well.  I told him that no, we couldn't bring her home now, but we could pray for her, that God would bring her a mom and a dad, too.
She got a kick out of Hoffbeast, as most kids do.  But it was a reserved, sweet kind of kick.  I wonder what she was thinking...was she wondering if maybe we could be her family?  Did she understand that we were only taking Tom?  Did she hope that someday she would have a daddy like Tom did?
Nimchemney and Rex stood at the mirror for a long time, making faces at each other and giggling at their reflections.  Rex is very expressive and so good with younger children...and it was good for him to have a friend during those hours.  I'm very thankful for this Nimchemney.
A few weeks ago, a new member joined the Yahoo! group of PAPs that I'm a part of.  Everyone on there has either adopted from Orissa or is in process.  This new mom asked if any of us who had recently traveled had any pictures of their new daughter.
It was Nimchemney's mom.  She's getting a mommy and a daddy, and when she comes home, she will also have 3 sisters!  And what a blessing for us--she will live very close to one of the places we often stop on our way to my parents' house!  And best of all?  She is joining a family who loves Jesus, with parents who believe, as we do, that adoption is an integral part of the Gospel.  I couldn't be happier.

Since being in India, there are a few kids that have remained on my heart.  Nimchemney is one of them.  Not long after "meeting" her mom online, I got to meet her in person.  It was so great!  And one day, Lord willing, I will get to see Nimchemney again...and Rex can be reunited with his friend from the special day that he met his brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment