Cutest Blog on the Block Background

Friday, February 17, 2012

Mobile Catches of the week (or two)

 
My beautiful, precious, silly, sweet little girl on her birthday...
Beth with Tom and their friend, M.  Beth and Tom have gone to M's house every Tuesday during this school year, and on Wednesdays, M comes to our house!
Rex on the way to his violin concert...
Note to self:  Next time, ask performing child which side of the stage he will be on.  This was my view of him during his duet...completely obstructed by the music stand.  Nice.  But he sure sounded good!
After Tom's diaper leaked, we exited stage left, and I changed him into the only other clean pants I had...Beth's pink capri pj pants.  Good thing I had her legwarmers, too, to keep his little leggies warm.  He was wearing a red sweatshirt on top, so he looked like a little valentine running around...and loved every minute of it.  We were a sight to see, that's for sure.  I was glad that none of my friends were around.  And darnit, but my phone forgot to capture that image.  Serious bummer.
Me and the valentine entered the scene again in the balcony where we would be a little less conspicuous...and the view was much better for us.  I was so proud of Rex!
The next day, we celebrated Beth's birthday, since Daddy had been out of town on her actual day.  And I made....the cake!
 I feel quite domestic when I make my kids' birthday cakes.  Mom always made ours, and it's a tradition that I enjoy keeping up.  It won't always happen, and they certainly won't always be this elaborate.  But whenever possible, I want to use my creative side and make their cakes really special.  I was really happy with the way it turned out.  (A big thank you to Tang, who helped with problem solving when we discovered that the cake itself wasn't high enough and that half of Barbie's legs were still sticking out.  We ended up channeling our inner cake bosses and built up the dress with oreos underneath the icing.  The result was pretty nice, I think!)
And Beth loved it!  The look on her face when I brought it out was priceless!
 
When Daddy got home, I added his dirty clothes to the stack and came up with 9 loads of laundry to wash.  How does that happen?!
 Folded and ready to be put away!  Mount Washmore, I would appreciate it if you go away and never come back.
 
Yesterday, Neil read a story to Tom before his nap...these are some of the priceless moments that we are getting now that Neil is home with us two afternoons a week.
This week, Neil was Student of the Week in his class, so we had to make a poster.  On it, he explained his whole name, told about some of his "favorites", and displayed a bunch of pictures that he picked out.  Today, he stood in front of his class and described his poster.  He did such a good job!  Afterwards, I stayed and listened as their class practiced their lines for their upcoming play about Betsy Ross and the American flag.  Neil will be playing the part of George Washington!  He asked me yesterday if we can make his hair white.  By George, we'll see what we can do!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment