Cutest Blog on the Block Background

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Our Cramazing May, Episode XXII: Two Hours with Tom

The following are the images that probably would not have been captured were it not for the fact that we had an 8-year-old photographer with us.  As it turns out, I love seeing views of the room where we met Tom...each of these had something that caught Rex's eye and has taken their place in our forever photo library of those important first moments...
the wall decorations...
the blue door...
the upside-down trash can...why was it upside-down?
the near-empty storage shelves...presumably, these are in use when a guest comes and lives for awhile in this room.
the simple-but-adequate seating area...
the bottled water and glasses that they had brought for us...it was HOT and very necessary to stay hydrated!
and the bed...two beds pushed together are often used--both for sleeping on at night but also for lounging on, sitting on, and resting on during the day.
He got me...and I got him back!




Daddy's first moments holding our son were precious...
 
When I see these pictures, I can feel the emotions of the day.....so much waiting....so much wanting....so much wondering....and now here we were, posing for a picture with the son we had waited for for 19 long months.  It was surreal.  But also very nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment