Cutest Blog on the Block Background

Sunday, June 5, 2011

The Glider

My parents have a glider that sits on their front porch.  It's one of my "thinking spots", if you will.  Do you have those?  Places where, when you sit, the world stops a bit?  Memories flood back, prayers pour out...

The glider is one of those places for me.  I have sat there many times over the years, thinking many thoughts, dreaming many dreams....hopes, goals, plans.  All of that.  And celebrations, too.  It's a solemn moment, a holy ground, when the Lord allows you to see His hand and reckon His work. 

That has happened here again.  Three weeks ago, we were here, ready to embark on one of the most important trips of our lives.  It was wonderful and tiring and trying, and amazing....and now we're back.  I'm here again...on the glider...thanking God for all that He has done.  Our son is home, and today, our whole family will be reunited by His grace.

What more can I say?  Joy in my heart at the anticipation.........thank you, awesome, Abba Father.  Pouring down good gifts on your children.  I watch him now, onesie on, Beth's Hello Kitty backpack wrongly placed around his neck, looking at books...in my parents' living room, rather than on the other side of the world.  No longer abandoned and unnamed.  Now belonging and with a new name and a new family.

There is great Love.  Amen.

2 comments:

kash said...

AMEN, indeed!!!

Melanie B. said...

Beautifully said!

Post a Comment