Cutest Blog on the Block Background

Sunday, June 12, 2011

A conversation on the way to church today...

Rex:  When I grow up (He says this kind of thing a lot, and I always know that the creativity is brewing...), I'm going to make a Christian mini-golf course.  (At this point, I'm wondering how exactly you make a mini-golf course "Christian".)  There's going to be a waterfall that you have to walk through to get to the next hole, and in case there are any grandmas there, there will be a button that you can press that will turn the waterfall off.  (Oh, I guess that's how.  It's a mini-golf course that's nice to grandmas.)

Me:  I like that, Rex.  That's really nice.

Neil:  When I grow up, I'm going to make a Christian mini-golf course, too.  (Oh no...here we go!)  It's going to have the cross and the Garden of Gethsemene, and then it'll have the tomb, and you'll have to hit the golf ball into the tomb, and if you get it right on the first try, your ball will role down and go back to the clubhouse.  I like it when they do that.  (At this point, I'm cringing, and Rex is in the front seat with me, so he can see my face.)

Rex:  You're not so sure about the tomb, are you, Mom?

Me:  (How'd you guess?)  No, I'm not really too sure about that one...but it's very creative, Neil.  (Trying to be positive here, but, um.....no.)

1 comment:

Bridget E. said...

This is hilarious, Sarah!! Too funny!

Post a Comment