Cutest Blog on the Block Background

Thursday, June 16, 2011

15 Years

That's how long it's been since I graduated from college.  College.  Where I learned and grew and changed and make great friendships....and began to walk more closely with the Lord.  I loved--LOVED--my time at Miami, and it remains one of the dearest places in the world to my sentimental heart.

So you can see how excited I am that in a strange but wonderful turn of events, my new son is bonded and doing well enough in our family (amazing, actually!) that I am able to be whisked away for a day by my college friends to attend 30 hours of our 15-year college reunion.  I get 2 hours for each year I've been away.  :)

What a blessing......my friend, Melis, is making me come, and I'm so thankful that it's all working out.  Back on an airplane I go--tomorrow morning, early.  Five year ago, Melis and I met up for our 10-year reunion.  We had tried to get a group, but it ended up just us.  It was a wonderful weekend...such a special time to hang out with my old friend.  This year, it's a big group, and as someone who thought until just a couple of days ago that I wasn't going to be able to go, I can't tell you how thrilled I am that there was a ticket provided and that I can go!!!

Miami (and Jamie, Anne, Holly, Missy, Brooke, Andrea, and Melis, of course), here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment