Kara and me in front of Andrea's place that she shared with our interns when we lived in Louisville. Her apartment was just a long stone's throw from ours, and Kara had never seen it. Such fun to show off our old 'hood. We really miss Park du Valle. It was a wonderful place for us to live!
Next, we stopped to see Mrs. Whitlock. She said that it was a blessing for her that we stopped. We felt the same way. Jeff lived with the Whitlocks during our first summer in Louisville, so they were around him when he was wrestling with the idea of proposing to me. :) She has cancer now but is doing very well. She is my new hero right now...told us that when she got the call from the doctor, she went into her room, cried, asked God why, gave it to the Lord, and was done with it. After that, she has claimed healing (whatever form that takes) and is trying to lean into Jesus as she marches through this trial. Praying for her and visiting with her was one of the best parts of our trip so far. We love you, Mama Whitlock!
Big Red...an old friend. :) I used to love this drink when I was growing up, but now? Well, it's not really that good. But for nostalgia purposes, I love it! Had to get some while we were driving through Kentucky!
A view from the back seat from somewhere in southeastern Tennessee!
1 comment:
Ohhh man! I LOVE all of this. Looks like some sweet road trip memories. So fun to see a picture of Mrs. Whitlock - I've heard so much about her.
Post a Comment