So in about 8 hours, Jeff, Neil, Beth, Kara, and I will be jetting out of town...in the Buicci. We will drive to my parents', spend the night, then be on our way to Florida where we will spend the next 2 weeks, first at a conference and then on a much-needed family vacation. Rex will stay behind for the first week and then will join us for the second. I miss him already, but we had some sweet mother-son snuggle time tonight, and I'm really grateful for that.
During our talk, we shared something that we like about each other. You know what he said? My voice. He likes my voice. Not my singing voice, mind you, but my plain, old, mama speaking voice.
Wait. You mean the one that gets raised when she is frustrated and the one that reminds everybody of the no-whine zone?
What a good reminder. Even the occasional (and sometimes more-than-occasional) harshness to the tone of the voice doesn't stop the truth from being true: There is nothing quite like the look, the feel, the sound, the smell, and the touch...of a mom and a dad.
Kind of sweet that he chose my voice, you know? It must bring him comfort. (And why not? Talking to my mom still does the same for me.)
Of course it was my turn next, and I couldn't possibly name just one thing. I think I said something about being glad that we were so close and that we can have good conversations about things. It's true. I love that--and so many more things--about him. What a gift I was given when I became a mom.
Lunch with my friends, Tiffany and Jessica. It was great seeing both of you ladies on New Years' Day!
I have enjoyed tons of precious time with my dear friend, Andrea. She and her husband, Tim, have opened up their home to us so generously and graciously. It's not easy to have 5 people invade your space for 2 months! But that part of this ordeal has been great! Much laughter, good conversations, and many opportunities for us each to see our need for Jesus.
Noel and Neil, cheering the Packers on to their NFC Championship win! Next up? The SUPERBOWL!
1 comment:
So fun, Sarah. I really enjoyed that you posted the video Kara made you too. You have such a special family! I got to brag about you today with Patty McCain.
Post a Comment