There. is. so. much. that has happened over the last few months. Highs and lows. Joys and pains. It's nearly impossible (for a person like me) to summarize. So instead, for the sake of my blog and my deep desire to write this summer, I will skip it. Perhaps over time and posts, some of it will naturally be captured, but for now...
...our adventure has begun.
It wasn't that long ago that we didn't even know if we'd get the chance to go to Colorado as a family this summer; granted, we haven't been able to go for the entire summer, and my conference team job is smaller than it has been in the past, but very clearly, God has been in that and all of the decisions leading up to it.
As it is, we will spend a large chunk of our summer in our beloved Ft. Collins. Currently, we are assigned a 2-bedroom apartment which will be...interesting. Still praying that God provides a bigger one, but if not, we will survive...and even enjoy it a little bit, too. :)
This evening, I sit on the couch at my parents', the couch that acts as bed for me when I'm here. The couch I slept on forthree what turned into seventeen nights in May. Today, I drove down with Bart, Tom, and Beth, and I'm so glad to be able to be here for a few days. Dad is signicantly better than he was when I left 2.5 weeks ago; the difference between now and just a month ago is rather astounding, actually. I am thankful that God knows the future, and by Him we are all fully known. If I tried to figure out what is going to happen, I would go crazy--and I'd get it wrong anyway. So I enjoy the
days, take each one as a gift, and trust Him with what will come.
...our adventure has begun.
It wasn't that long ago that we didn't even know if we'd get the chance to go to Colorado as a family this summer; granted, we haven't been able to go for the entire summer, and my conference team job is smaller than it has been in the past, but very clearly, God has been in that and all of the decisions leading up to it.
As it is, we will spend a large chunk of our summer in our beloved Ft. Collins. Currently, we are assigned a 2-bedroom apartment which will be...interesting. Still praying that God provides a bigger one, but if not, we will survive...and even enjoy it a little bit, too. :)
This evening, I sit on the couch at my parents', the couch that acts as bed for me when I'm here. The couch I slept on for
days, take each one as a gift, and trust Him with what will come.
2 comments:
(Not sure if my first post worked...) Glad to see you wrote a new post. Looking forward to your summer in Ft Collins too :)
Bridget-y, thx for posting!
Post a Comment