Rex says that I'm often too reflective on my blog posts.
Maybe.
But it's late. And the only sounds are the fan in my computer, and the fan blowing the summer air around the room. And my typing. And my thoughts.
Are thoughts sounds? Sure sounds like they are...in my head, anyway.
He is here, lying on our couch, having heard the Gospel yet again. In years to come, when I read this blog entry again, what will have happened with his life. Will he still be clamoring for first place in his own life, or will he have learned to say "I am second" like Tyrone Flowers and others?
He heard Tyrone's story tonight...I'm so thankful for Tyrone's story. The story of the One True Him, who came down to rescue sinners.
He's a sinner, and so am I.
Angry, vengeful, believing the worst.
I can relate.
Yes, I can.
And that's why we are here. Why we stay. Why we keep going day after day, week after week, month after month.......because God loves the needy, of whom I am the most. God loves sinners, of whom I am the worst.
Oh, Jesus...thank you for your mercy, your compassion, your ability to change. For your never-stopping, never-ending love poured out on me.
And him.
We want him to see You....but not nearly as much as You do. So as we wait, we pray and trust Your pursuing heart which reaches to him.
And me.
Thank you, Lord.
Maybe.
But it's late. And the only sounds are the fan in my computer, and the fan blowing the summer air around the room. And my typing. And my thoughts.
Are thoughts sounds? Sure sounds like they are...in my head, anyway.
He is here, lying on our couch, having heard the Gospel yet again. In years to come, when I read this blog entry again, what will have happened with his life. Will he still be clamoring for first place in his own life, or will he have learned to say "I am second" like Tyrone Flowers and others?
He heard Tyrone's story tonight...I'm so thankful for Tyrone's story. The story of the One True Him, who came down to rescue sinners.
He's a sinner, and so am I.
Angry, vengeful, believing the worst.
I can relate.
Yes, I can.
And that's why we are here. Why we stay. Why we keep going day after day, week after week, month after month.......because God loves the needy, of whom I am the most. God loves sinners, of whom I am the worst.
Oh, Jesus...thank you for your mercy, your compassion, your ability to change. For your never-stopping, never-ending love poured out on me.
And him.
We want him to see You....but not nearly as much as You do. So as we wait, we pray and trust Your pursuing heart which reaches to him.
And me.
Thank you, Lord.
No comments:
Post a Comment