Cutest Blog on the Block Background

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Trusting in the True Keymaster

My Redeemer Lives, by Nicole C. Mullen.
Starry Night, by Chris August.
Some other awesome worship songs I can't remember right now.

What do these have in common?  They were all playing on the radio, one right after the other, as I was driving up to Indianapolis to be with my mom and dad at the hospital tonight.  And they were each, in their own way, one at a time, helping tune my heart to the heart of God.  Perspective, Truth, Reminders of His Sovereignty, Goodness, Faithfulness, and Power.  All very much needed right now.

Dad is in congestive heart failure and today, kidney failure.  It doesn't look good.

Yet tonight, his numbers look much better, his blood pressure is up and potassium is down, and he is talking a little bit more.  It's looking kind of good.  Okay, maybe not good, but definitely better.

While watching him lie there, I was reminded of just how desperate we all are.  The doctors can do what they can; the medicine can help in this way or that; tests can be done; nurses can be called.  But God--the Great Physician Himself--holds the keys to life and death.  He is God of all....He is Everything.

And we have given our lives to Him, the only One who makes the moon reflect the sun, who designed every single starry night, who designed our amazing bodies in such a way that the heart will create its own tiny tributaries where the arteries aren't functioning.  He is the One on whom we cast our cares, our fears, our doubts.  He holds them all right there in His hands, and He never tires of His children crying out.

This is not what I had planned for this week, but there is no place I'd rather be.

The doctors reminded us today that he is very sick.  God has reminded me today that He is very able.  There is no question in my mind that Dad will be healed...I just don't know yet whether it will be here or There.

No comments:

Post a Comment