Cutest Blog on the Block Background

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Month One

A month ago, Tom and I touched down in America.

How is it that it was such a short time ago?

Here are some things about Tom that I don't ever want to forget...

-the way he yells "Abba!" when he wants to get our attention, especially mine.
-the fact that he called his daddy "Mama" for the first couple of weeks.
-the way he points with his pinky fingers
-the way he nuzzles in when he's tired, left thumb in mouth and either his right hand on our throats or left pinky finger feeling our faces.
-the way he uses the palms of his hands to feel.
-how he loves touching Daddy's whiskers with his hands.
-how "holding hands" means that he holds onto our pinky fingers.
-how he chatters in Oriya when he is pretending to talk on the phone or when he sees something out the window and excitedly wants to tell us something.

For those of you who have met him, you know what I mean....the kid is p-r-e-c-i-o-u-s!

Tonight we went to a drive-in movie.  There, he was not quite as precious, as he wouldn't sit still and then wouldn't fall asleep.  Between him and Beth, it was the best drive-in movie I've never seen.

And I wouldn't trade it for the world.

1 comment:

Mama to AWE said...

He is precious! I loved giving him a chocolate cupcake with him sitting on my lap, which went EVERYWHERE. But he was so sweet to try to pick up the pieces that had fallen on my leg. He's a heart breaker, for sure!

Post a Comment