Cutest Blog on the Block Background

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Capitol Christmas

Every year since Hoffbeast and I were first dating, with few exceptions, we have gone down to State Street around Christmas and visited the State Capitol--or at least tried to.  It's tradition!  Today was supposed to be the day, but our efforts were foiled by the fact that our happy little fleet was asleep...every last one of 'em.  So it's just a picture of the Daddy and me this year.  Each year, we have tried to take a picture in a different spot of the building...I just know that I'm missing a couple of pictures somewhere, as I remember one in front of the Liberty Bell replica and another from outside by a statue.  And then there are the before-digital pics, including the one taken in post-9/11 2001 with the security guard who wouldn't let us take our cheese (that we had bought as a gift for someone) in with us because it was in a long box.  I guess it sort of looked like a rifle could have been stored in there?  A lookback at a number of the last few years...

 2002--in the State Supreme Court chambers
 2003--at the base of the "Holiday Tree"  (That's what it's called here in progressive Wisconsin.)
 2005--just outside the building and facing State Street
 2006--on one of the rotunda balconies
 2009--again on a balcony...by 3 kids, I guess we'd lost our creativity
2010--It's a beautiful State Capitol building, and we love visiting each year.  Next year, Lord willing, we will have Baby J in the picture with us!

3 comments:

Bridget E. said...

Such a creative tradition! Not sure what to say about choosing between the two blogs. I thought the snow falling on the other one was quite clever. :)

kash said...

What a fun tradition, it is also fun to watch your family grow! I was also trying to figure out if you were pregnant with Josh in any of these?

Hoffbeauty said...

Yes, Kash, I was pregnant with Josh in the 2003 picture....newly pregnant and not feeling well at all! His due date was Aug. 8, so it was still quite early, but yes, he's in there! Kind of fun to think about, actually. :) Thanks for that reminder...and for thinking about him. You are a good friend to me.

Post a Comment