Cutest Blog on the Block Background

Friday, May 23, 2014

Now THIS is a lookback!

Oh, Social Media!  On days like today, I love it.  Today, I was tagged in a post with one of the most classic pictures I've seen in a while.

When this picture was taken...

-I was in high school.
-There was no such thing as Facebook.
-No one had never heard of Barack Obama.
-The 2000s seemed really far away.

What a great memory!  I LOVED going to King's Island every summer with my youth group...they were truly some of my favorite days of the summer, and this picture...well, it garnered 49 comments on its FB post.

Good times were had...for sure.

As always when I think of them, I thank God for Bob and Diane Haywood, our youth minister (pictured in red cap) and his wife.  Bob poured into us, and my view of God's Word was shaped by how he taught us.  I learned during high school youth group that the Bible does apply to everyday life and that the God of the universe cares about every part of my life.  That He is love, and He is justice, that there is grace, and there is truth.

Fun memories and lifelong lessons all rolled up into one wonderful time of my life...


No comments:

Post a Comment